- A cover sheet with the following information:
- Name of Applicant
- Name of School
- Year in School
- Contact Information (home & school mailing address, telephone number & e-mail address)
- Brief letter indicating what role the applicant sees themselves playing in the pork industry after graduation.
- An essay of 750 words or less describing an issue the applicant sees confronting the pork industry today or in the future, including offering their solutions.
Essays are judged on the basis of clarity and expression, persuasiveness, originality, and relevance of topic.
- Two letters of reference from current or former professors or industry professionals.
Please submit your application either through the online form (at npcc.org), email to email@example.com, or send materials in a single envelope to:
National Pork Producers Council
ATTN: Lois Britt Memorial Pork Industry Scholarship
P.O. Box 10383
Des Moines, IA 50306-9960
All entries must be sent by January 3rd, 2023, to be accepted.
Winners will be announced at the National Pork Industry Forum in in Orlando, FL, March 8-10, 2023. NPPC and CME Group reserve the right to publish any or all parts the essays submitted.