- Write a brief letter indicating what role the applicant sees themselves playing in the pork industry after their graduate program degree.
- Submit an essay of 750 words or less describing an issue the applicant sees confronting the pork industry today or in the future, including offering their solutions and their role in the pork industry.
Essays will be judged based on clarity and expression, persuasiveness, originality, and relevance of topic. The recipient of the Neil Dierks Scholarship will be announced at the National Pork Industry Forum. NPIF reserves the right to publish any or all parts of the essays submitted.
- Obtain two letters of reference from current or former professors or industry professionals.
- Prepare a cover sheet with the following information:
- Name of Applicant
- Name of School that you completed undergraduate degree/degree title.
- Name of school enrolled for Graduate work
- Contact Information (home and school mailing address, telephone number and e-mail address)
Please click here to download an application (PDF) and email it to email@example.com, or mail materials in a single envelope to:
National Pork Producers Council
ATTN: Neil Dierks Scholarship
P.O. Box 10383
Des Moines, IA 50306-9960